Paper/film/paper is a smart choice for its durability. This water-resistant, tear-resistant laminate prints and converts like traditional papers while offering comparable durability to synthetic papers. Marketers, designers, and print professionals have a new choice with this diverse substrate, which offers the best of both worlds.
The Primary Benefits of Laminated Printing
- Water, Smudge and Tear Resistant
- Lamination increases strength and durability, allowing paper to withstand frequent use;
- Lamination protects printed paper against stains, spills, moisture and smudges as well as tears and wrinkles, marks and abrasions and contaminants like oil, grease and dirt;
- It is the preferred choice for applications requiring durability where the product is not exposed to the elements for prolonged periods of time. This means laminated paper products are water resistant, not waterproof.
- Printing and Converting Ease
- Lamination improves appearance by enhancing the ink colours of the printed paper;
- Lamination allows for consistent and smooth printing surfaces, which result in exceptional graphics;
- There are no special inks or set-ups required and no prolonged drying times;
- Less waste and quicker drying times means all equal further cost savings;
- The process is completely transparent and does not impair or blemish the printing in anyway.
- Lamination adds strength and stiffness, enhancing the quality of the paper;
- When laminated using a patented solventless of 100% solids technology, paper is very stable;
- This laminating method requires no ovens to cure or burn off solvents and does not use water-based adhesives, which means the paper stays flat.
- Cost Effective and Time Efficient
- Lamination removes the necessity to manually laminate paper in order to shield the application from every day wear and tear;
- Lamination has a reasonable cost;
- It increases the longevity of print materials, thus saving money on reprinting.
Related Article: Does Your Application Require Resistance to Tearing?
Here are some examples of the many uses of laminated paper:
For applications that are handled frequently…
- Training Manuals
- ID cards
- Restaurant and Bar Menus
- Publishing Manuals
For applications that require an enhanced appearance for promotional purposes…
- Marketing & Literature
- Book Covers
- Graphics Printed Materials
- POS Advertising
For official applications that require resistance against the elements…
- Durable Envelopes and Mailing Solutions
- Law Label (e.g. mattress, clothing, carpets, lumber and furniture)
- Membership Cards
- Label Stock
For more information about the benefits and uses of laminated printing, please contact one of our paper experts! If you have custom requirements, we are happy to work with you directly to create a perfect solution.